Too many people are taking an unnecessary risk by not protecting their loved ones with life insurance. Including final expenses, final medical bills, consumer debt and court fees, the average cost to settle a person’s estate can be, on average, $25K or more.
Nearly 60% of all Minnesota residents will enter their mid-sixties with an average mortgage debt of $126K. If you couple these factors with the desire that most Minnesota seniors wish to leave a gift of remembrance to their children and grandchildren, you can begin to see the problem.
Now is the time to begin these conversations with your clients since September is Life Insurance Awareness Month. Each September, Life Happens coordinates Life Insurance Awareness Month, which is an industry-wide campaign aimed at educating Americans about the importance of life insurance and helping them get the coverage they need. Life Happens in a nonprofit organization dedication to helping consumers make smart insurance decisions to safeguard their assets.
LeClair Group can help you get the most out of Life Insurance Awareness Month by providing you with experience life insurance consultants with access to many of the leading Life Insurance companies in the nation.
As your client’s trusted advisor, what should you do? Let LeClair Group help. We have a market for nearly every situation, including options in the traditional Senior Final Expense Market. Check out these actual cases that our team has assisted with:
- Spouses aged 56 and 55. Mom is uninsurable by traditional means, while Dad is healthy. Neither has any life insurance but it is very important to them to leave something for their children and grandchildren. Under this scenario, we’re able to get up to $20, 000 of life insurance for Mom in the “guaranteed market” and will place a $250,000 individual Life case for Dad
- 87-year-old female in good health. In this example, we placed $10,000-$25,000 of Life insurance covered her final expenses so that her family did not have to. We have two carrier partners that will write up to age 89.
- Farm family consisting of Mom, Dad, and two sons that want the farm. The farm is worth $4,000,000. In this example, we placed a $2 million survivorship policy for Mom and Dad, to make the “down payment” for each brother for their portion of the farm. A balance of $2,000,000 will be paid using farm profits over the next 20 years.
Senior and Final Expense Markets
These plans are very simple to incorporate into existing practice. Easy to understand, they offer a complimentary sale to existing clients with proven concepts and products.
- Very competitive first year compensation (annualized) and renewal compensation.
- Guaranteed Issue-coverage that cannot be denied for any health condition.
- Simplified Issue designed for ease of use, quick application and issue process, and limited underwriting.
- Full Underwritten used for people in good health, or in larger cases that will incorporate more than “final expense” planning.
- An added benefit is that today’s life insurance policies can also be used as living benefit in the way of accumulated cash values, or even as method to assist in paying Long Term Care expenses.
Again, ask your clients what they have done to protect their assets and how long it’s been since someone reviewed their life insurance program. Once you’ve had this simple conversation, contact LeClair Group Relationship Manager Marti Schochenmaier, who specialized in Life Insurance, at 651-735-9828 or by emailing Marti.Schochenmaier@LeClairGroup.com. He will provide all the expertise you’ll need to get your clients what they need.