This fall many of your under 65 clients and families will be reviewing their health, dental and vision needs.
UnitedHealthOne is dedicated to helping people live healthier lives with high-quality, and affordable health care insurance across the United States. With UnitedHealthOne, your clients have discounted access to care through networks that include 1.3 million physicians, health care professionals, and approximately 6,000 hospitals and other facilities.
Here is a reminder of some key UnitedHealthOne options that are available all year-round.
Short Term Health Insurance.
Where TriTerm isn’t available, UnitedHealthOne has Gen5 or Gen6 Shot Term Medical plans available in many states. Depending on state rules, STMs may be available for up to 12 months of coverage offering affordable, flexible coverage, which is available for enrollment all year-round. Golden Rule Insurance Company has been offering Short Term Medical plans for over 30 years and became a UnitedHealthOne company in 2003.
Short Term health insurance bridges gaps in your clients health care coverage. For many, Short Term Medical plans provide the solution to their health insurance needs.
Consider the following potential clients:
- A college student, just out of school, or rolling off their parent’s insurance
- Between jobs, waiting for benefits to begin at a new job, or needing a temporary alternative to COBRA insurance
- Anyone without health insuranc
- Anyone who has missed Open Enrollment, and doesn’t qualify for Special Enrollment
- Anyone waiting for your Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage to begin
- Under 65 and in good health, or waiting for Medicare
- Losing coverage following a divorce
Clients will be attracted by the lower premiums. However, since Short Term Medical isn’t ACA coverage, it’s important to ensure that your clients are getting the coverage they need.
What should your clients know about Short Term Medical plans from UnitedHealthOne:
- They can apply any time of year.
- Coverage may start the next day
- Applications can be completed in just minutes
- They can have coverage from one to 12 months
- Access to UnitedHealthcare Network Advantage
- The ability to drop coverage without penalty
- The opportunity to choose from a wide range of deductibles.
- Plans do not cover pre-existing conditions
- Plan have a lifetime maximum benefit
- Coverage is not guaranteed
Accidental Injury Insurance.
A serious injury can affect the whole family and with many Americans having less than $1,000 in savings, agents should be educating their clients on the value of accident coverage. Did you know that there are over 40 million Emergency Room visits per year in the USA resulting from injury?
Accident plans can provide financial security from the risk of deductibles and out of pocket expenses from an accident, hospitalization or critical illness. When the unexpected happens, expenses often go up, including the impact of lost wages, deductibles, unpaid bills and medical expenses not paid by insurance.
UnitedHealthOne’s Accident plans cover basic accident (with AD&D), Hospitalization and Critical Illness.
What your clients should know.
- Plans offer benefits of up to $50,000
- The lifetime maximum is 3X amount chosen
- Plans offer reimbursement for medical expenses
- Your clients can use the money as they see fit
- Benefits are paid regardless of other coverage
- Plans include a lump sum for AD&D, Hospitalization or Critical Illness
- There are no Medical Questions to qualify
Consider the difference between UnitedHealthOne’s different Accident Insurance plans:
Accident ExpenseGuard – Guaranteed Issue, basic accident and AD&D coverage
- Benefit ranges
- Accident or AD&D: $5,000 to $20,000
Accident ProGuard – Payment for expenses associated with an accident or lump sum payment for a critical illness diagnosis.
- Benefit ranges
- Accident: $5,000 to $10,000
- Critical Illness: $10,000 to $50,000
- AD&D: $5,000 to $10,000
Accident ProGap – payment for expenses associated with an accident or lump sum payment for a hospital admission for sickness or a critical illness diagnosis.
- Benefit ranges
- Accident: $2,500 to $7,500
- Critical Illness: $2,500 to $7,500
- AD&D: $2,500 to $7,500
- Hospital Admission up to $2,500
Accident insurance pairs well with TriTerm, STM, and other Indemnity plans.
Dental, Vision and Hearing plans from UnitedHealthOne.
Over 70 million Americans need your help finding dental coverage. UnitedHealthOne has dental plans for everyone, and four plans specifically designed for your 64+ clients. Are you ready to offer dental and vision this fall?
With UnitedHealthOne’s dental coverage your clients will have access to network discounts and over 85,000 providers.
You’re Not Fully Covered Without Your Smile.
Remember how your mom told you one day your mouth might get you in trouble? She didn’t know how right she was. Tooth decay remains the single most prevalent chronic disease in both children and adults, and it’s preventable!
Overall health and dental health are more connected than many realize. Oral infections and gum disease can sometimes be a precursor to, or a symptom of, more serious health issues. Research has shown possible links between oral health and cardiovascular disease, pregnancy and birth issues, diabetes, HIV/AIDs, osteoporosis, and even Alzheimer’s.
You’ve probably heard the saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” When it comes to your oral health, these words ring true. UnitedHealthOne’s dental plans, and the basic and preventive care coverage that comes with them, makes it easier for your clients to give their dental health the attention it deserves. During covered routine cleanings, their dentist will check for various issues such as oral cancer, nutritional deficiencies as well as cavities – catching problems before they can become more serious.
Did you know that 96% of US Adults over 65+ have had a cavity, and that 1 in 3 people aged 65-74 have hearing loss?
UnitedHealhOne has four different plans designed with your senior clients in mind:
- Does your client want a low premium – look at Gen Saver.
- How about greater non-network benefits – look at Gen Plus
- Want a higher annual Max – look at Gen Basic
- Want a higher annual Max and coverage for Dental Implants? – look at Gen Deluxe.
UnitedHealthOne’s dental plans offer some great benefits and features, specific to your senior clients, including:
- No Waiting periods for routine services, cleanings and major repairs like crowns and root canals
- Plans pay between 60% & 100% for preventative care services on day one
- Annual maximums up to $2000
- Wide network (network discounts even before the plan pays)
- Dental implant coverage with Gen Deluxe
- Included Hearing Aid / exam coverage (fixed benefits for hearing aids, escalating to $750 in year three)
- Optional Vision coverage
And don’t forget about your Under 65 clients. UnitedhealthOne has you covered there too. They have four plans designed for the Under 65 market with annual maximums up to $3,000:
- Does your client want no waiting periods? Consider Premier Choice.
- Does your client want higher major coverage services coinsurance? Consider Premier Elite.
- Does your client want the most diverse coverage? Consider Premier Plus.
- Does you client want the highest annual maximum? Consider Premier Max
Take a look at dental plans by UnitedHealthcare by visiting https://www.uhone.com/insurance/dental.
You can also refer to following resources for more information on UnitedHealthOne’s dental plans:
Do you have clients looking for health insurance and wanting an option to ACA coverage? UnitedHealthOne’s TriTerm Medical may have the combination of lower premiums, benefits and networks they are looking for. TriTerm Medical is limited duration Short Term Medical plan designed for nearly 36 months over 3 terms.
TriTerm Medical is available in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, WV.
So, why should your clients consider TriTerm Medical?
- Better benefits and longer coverage than traditional Short Term Medical plans
- One-time enrollment coverage lasting nearly 3 years
- Benefits include: hospitalization, surgery and medical emergencies
- Preventative care
- Office visit co-pays
- Prescription medications
- UnitedHealthcare Network Advantage
- Some pre-existing conditions covered after 12 months
We can help you get started
LeClair Group ensures your business gets the backing it needs to deliver fast, high-quality service to your clients. Better together, our expert sales desk team are here training and supporting your sales; backed up by industry leading quoting and illustration tools to grow your business.
To get appointed with UnitedHealthOne, contact LeClair Group at 651.739.2010, email Licensing@LeClairGroup.com or apply online. Contact LaRae Mills or Weston Peterson on LeClair Group’s Medicare team with any additional questions.