Do you have clients who have chosen to forgo dental coverage? If so, now may be the time to open a discussion with them about choosing a dental plan.
While health insurance is the number one coverage for Americans, dental isn’t far behind. A fresh smile is just one part of living a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle, and clients will be more likely to schedule that annual cleaning if they are paying for dental insurance. Agents can– and should–connect with their clients year-round to educate and share the benefits of quality dental coverage.
Here are the top things clients should consider when choosing a dental plan:
- Network is key. Out-of-pocket costs are much lower if a dentist is in network
- What is the maximum benefit? The benefit maximum amount is only affected after discounts and insurance are applied, which means that benefits go much further than people realize
- Is there a waiting period? Preventative services and price discounts apply immediately, and the insurance contribution typically goes up after the first year.
- Is there coverage for all benefit tiers? Preventative, Basic, Major and Orthodontia, and cost sharing may vary with each benefit tier.
- Is orthodontia coverage included? Many carriers have coverage for braces and orthodontia coverage.
LeClair Group has dental options with Ameritas, UnitedHealthOne and more. Contact Sales@LeClairGroup.com with your questions or to request an appointment.