Contact Sales@LeClairGroup.com with your questions or to request an appointment.
While this last year has created unprecedented challenges for all of us, it has also presented advisors with opportunities to build trust, grow sales and increase the value of local advisors.
With over 15 million cases and 500,000 deaths thus far, the pandemic has created challenges for communities across the country. Advisors are working hard to ensure that every client has the coverage they need.
Due to lockdown, decreased activity, screening and preventative care, we can expect an increase in certain diseases and a boomerang in demand for care in 2021. Health claims can be a massive financial burden on clients who do not have the right health or ancillary coverage in place.
These top four health conditions are projected to pose the largest problems for American citizens in 2021.
- Cardiac disease. With less exercise and screenings, higher numbers of people will be found with advanced symptoms. Delayed care creates worse outcomes, increased hospitalizations, morbidity, mortality and expense.
- Late-stage cancer diagnosis. Over 40% less cancer screenings were conducted in 2020, and at some periods of the pandemic, screenings were down over 90%. Cancer does not stop progressing even if ignored; most health insurance services include free screenings and preventative care.
- Fractures in the elderly and inactive. Osteoporosis and bone density are linked to the risk of injury. Sedentary lifestyles have become more common in light of the pandemic, drastically increasing the risk.
- Behavioral health. Loneliness was a problem before the pandemic, and lockdowns have significantly increased not only mental health issues, but also abuse of alcohol, drugs, sleeping tablets and painkillers.
There are many ways local agents are serving their clients and communities through education and showing clients how to best use their plans. Discussing the importance of wellness, prevention and cost control are an important part of what great advisors do to serve their communities.
You can also ensure every client has the right ancillary options in place to complement their health plan. Examples include:
- Dental Insurance for all clients with a Medicare Supplement or an MA plan without suitable coverage.
- Hospital Indemnity plans for everyone on Medicare Advantage to cover hospital stays and out of pocket expenses.
- Accident Insurance for all clients with an ACA or a Group plan to cover the deductible.
- Life Insurance sales are up in 2021, and with more awareness of unexpected risk to life and financial security, are you talking life insurance?
- Final Expense for seniors who want to know their finals bills and funeral expenses are covered.
Talk to your clients about first dollar coverage and advise them on how to use their health insurance to stay healthy and remain financially secure.
Call or email our Sales team to learn more about ancillary coverage for your clients.