Finding harmony between work and life is becoming increasingly important among employees.
According to the most recent U.S. Employee Benefit Trends Study from MetLife, 49% of employees agree that they are interested in wellness benefits that reward healthy behavior, such as gym membership discounts or treadmill desks.
Consider these other statistics regarding employee wellbeing:
- 51% of employees said that their productivity at work is impacted by their financial wellbeing based on their benefits
- 74% of employees agree that having insurance/benefits provides peace of mind for the unexpected.
- 60% of employees worry about money.
- 32% of employees are satisfied with their progress towards saving/ paying for their children’s education.
- 27% of employees are satisfied with their progress towards paying down student loans.
- 49% of employees want wellbeing programs that reward their healthy behavior.
- 8% of employers offer wellbeing programs that reward healthy behavior.
- 23% of employees say they’re less productive at work because of financial worries.
- 61% of employees will be more likely to accept a job with a new employer if health and wellbeing benefits are offered
Expanding the definition of benefits—that both help protect employees now and in the future— will enable employers to tackle the massive shifts happening today. Offering a benefits experience that provides a range of support shows employees that their goals—in and out of work—are understood. Getting to know the needs of employees can help employers decide on the right mix of benefit options.